Terms of Service
eRasmussen Professional Certificate Terms of Service, provided as follows:
eRasmussen reserves the right to modify these TOS at any time without advance notice. Any changes to these TOS will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Site after any changes have been made, you signify your Agreement on a prospective basis to the modified TOS and all of the changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of these TOS.
Description of eRasmussen Professional Certificates
eRasmussen offers online courses that includes individual assessments of a student’s work, and, for students who demonstrate mastery of the subject areas for which they have registered, a Certificate of achievement or other acknowledgment will be given once they have completed any one course or bundle of courses, which will lead to a Professional Certificate. The decision whether a Certificate will be awarded to a given student will be solely at the discretion of eRasmussen.
Rules for Online Conduct
You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Site and for your User Postings. User Postings include all content submitted, posted, published or distributed on the Site by you or other users of the Site, including but not limited to all forum posts, wiki edits, notes, questions, comments, videos and file uploads. You agree that you will use the Site in compliance with these TOS; the Honor Code; all applicable local, state, and national, rules and regulations; including copyright laws, any laws regarding the transmission of technical data.
As a condition of your use of the eRasmussen services, you will not use the Site in any manner intended to damage, disable, overburden or impair any eRasmussen server or the network(s) connected to any eRasmussen server or to interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any eRasmussen server through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information stored on the Site, its servers or associated computers through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
The following non-exhaustive list of items provides examples of conduct and content that is strictly prohibited on the site:
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others;
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Content that infringes another’s intellectual property, including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks;
- Profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent or unlawful content;
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation;
- Content related to partisan political activities;
- Content transmitted through the Site that you know or should know contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, malware, spyware or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property and
- Content that contains intentionally inaccurate information or that is posted with the intent of misleading others.
Furthermore, you agree not to scrape, or otherwise download in bulk, any Site content, including but not limited to a list or directory of users on the system, online textbooks or user information. You agree to not misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Site (although you are welcome and encouraged to use an anonymous username in the forums and act in a manner that keeps your identity concealed).
User Accounts and Authority
In order to participate fully in Site activities, you must provide your name, an email address, address, and a user password in order to create a user account (“User Account”). You agree that you will never divulge or share access or to access information for your User Account with any third party for any reason. In setting up your User Account, you may be prompted to enter additional optional information. You represent that all information provided by you is factual, correct, accurate and current. You agree to maintain and update your information to keep it accurate and current.
Your Right to use Content on the Site
Unless indicated as being in the public domain, the content on the Site is protected by the United States and foreign copyright laws. Unless otherwise expressly stated on the Site, the texts, exams, video, images and other instructional materials provided with the courses offered on this Site are for your personal use in connection with those courses only.
Certain reference documents, digital textbooks, articles and other information on the Site are used with the permission of third parties and use of that information is subject to certain rules and conditions, which will be posted along with the information. By using this Site, you agree to abide by all such rules and conditions.
You agree to retain all copyright and other notices on any content you obtain from the Site. All rights in the Site and its content, if not expressly granted, are reserved.
By agreement to the TOS, you hereby grant to eRasmussen an absolute and irrevocable license to unrestricted use of photographs, digital images and video of you or owned by you, along with audio, verbal and written statements or testimonials made by you and submitted to the Site, in whole or in part, individually or in any and all media now or hereafter known, for illustration, promotion, distribution, art, editorial, advertising and trade or any other purpose whatsoever without restriction as to alteration, and to use your name in connection therewith in the sole discretion of eRasmussen. Additionally, you hereby waive any monetary demand against eRasmussen for any use of my name, likeness, media, testimonial or statement covered by this license.
Registration and Payment
- Once your payment transaction is completed, you will be rerouted back to an eRasmussen confirmation page and will receive a confirmation email with your name, order number and the payment amount. Please retain this email for your records as this information will be required if you seek a refund from eRasmussen, as described below.
eRasmussen Professional Certificate courses are not eligible for financial aid or Federal Pell Grants.
Course Withdrawal and Refunds
You may request to drop out of your prepaid Certificate course and receive a full refund if your drop request is received within seven (7) calendar days of registration for the course. You have a period of seven (7) calendar days after you register for the course to unenroll from the course by clicking on the unenroll link on the student dashboard and requesting a refund by emailing billing@eRasmussen.org. Please include your full name and order number in your email request. Refunds will be credited to the credit card used when you registered and may take up to two billing cycles to process. eRasmussen has no obligation to issue a refund beyond seven (7) calendar days after a course was purchased.
No Other Enrollment
When you take a Professional Certificate course through eRasmussen, you will not be an applicant for admission to or enrolled in any degree program of Rasmussen College, or any other college/university as a result of registering for or completing a course provided through eRasmussen. You will not be entitled to use any of the resources beyond the online courses provided on the Site, nor will you be eligible to receive student privileges or benefits provided to students enrolled in degree programs of Rasmussen College.
Basic Device Requirements
A fully functional Windows computer or Mac computer capable of running a Windows virtual machine is required.
- Chromebooks, Android devices, tablets and mobile phones are not recommended.
- An internet downstream connection speed of 2 Mbps or higher is strongly recommended.
- Processor – Intel Core i3 or higher
- Memory – 4GB of RAM or higher
- OS – Windows 7 or higher
- Disk Space – at least 100MB available
- Processor – Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3 or higher
- Memory – 4GB of RAM or higher
- OS – Mac OS X v10.7 or newer
- Virtual Machine – ability to run Windows 7 using Bootcamp
Web Browser Requirement
Firefox, current version or up to two releases behind, is the preferred browser and will work best for most students and academic technology.
The following web browsers are formally supported and tested:
With PCs running Windows OS:
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
With Macs running OS X:
- Google Chrome
Please note, there is currently no support for Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari or Chrome on mobile devices.
Cookies Must Be Enabled on Your Browser
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer by the server. Cookies are a very common internet technology used by many websites, such as Amazon or eBay. Your browser has a setting that allows you to control whether you allow cookies or not.
Since cookies are so common, your browser probably already has cookies enabled. If you are unsure whether your browser is set up properly, please call the Personal Support Center.
Your courses may include images or animations that require the Flash plug-in. If you do not have Flash installed, or have difficulty viewing the animations, you may load the most current version of the Flash plug-in here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ .
Your courses may include images or animations that require the Shockwave plug-in. If you do not have Shockwave installed, or have difficulty viewing the animations, you may load the most current version of the Shockwave plug-in here: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave .
Your courses may include .pdf files, which require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. If Acrobat is not installed on your computer, please download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader: http://get.adobe.com/reader/ .
Your courses may include Microsoft PowerPoint presentations. If you do not have PowerPoint, please contact the eRasmussen Personal Support Center at eRasmussenhelp@personalsupportcenter.com.
Your courses require the use of Microsoft Word to turn in written assignments. If you do not have Word, please contact the eRasmussen Personal Support Center at eRasmussenhelp@personalsupportcenter.com.
Your courses may require Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software. If you do not have Excel, please contact the eRasmussen Personal Support Center at eRasmussenhelp@personalsupportcenter.com.
ZIP File Compression Utility
Your courses may require the use of a compression utility, like 7-Zip, to create a zipped file (i.e., filename.zip). If you do not have a compression utility installed on your computer, you may download a free copy of 7-Zip here: http://www.7-zip.org .
If your computer is running Windows XP or newer, there is a compression utility already built in. For help zipping and unzipping files using the Windows compression tools, please view the demonstrations below.
- Zipping Files
- Unzipping Files
Use of eRasmussen Trademarks and Service Marks
The “eRasmussen” names, logos and seals are trademarks (“Trademarks”) of Rasmussen College. You may not use any of these Trademarks, or any variations thereof, without the owner’s prior written consent. You may not use any of these Trademarks, or any variations thereof, for promotional purposes or in any way that deliberately or inadvertently claims, suggests or, in the institution’s sole judgment, gives the appearance or impression of a relationship with or endorsement by these institutions.
All Trademarks not owned by Rasmussen College that appear on the Site or on or through the services made available on or through the Site, if any, are the property of their respective owners.
Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the owner of the applicable Trademark.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Copyright owners who believe their material has been infringed on the Site should contact eRasmussen’s designated copyright agent:
1415 West 22nd Street, Suite 400
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Attention: Rasmussen DMCA Agent/General Counsel.
Notification must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work, or, in the case of multiple works at the same location, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. You must include sufficient information for us to locate the material (e.g., URL, IP address, computer name);
- Information for us to be able to contact the complaining party (e.g., email address, phone number);
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material has not been authorized by the copyright owner or an authorized agent and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Disclaimers of Warranty/Limitations of Liabilities
The Site and any information, content or services made available on or through the Site are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind (express, implied or otherwise), including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement, except insofar as any such implied warranties may not be disclaimed under applicable law.
eRasmussen does not warrant that the site will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner, that the site is free of viruses or other harmful components or that the courses or content provided will meet your needs or expectations. eRasmussen and the eRasmussen participants also make no warranty about the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or quality of the site, any courses or content, or that any particular courses or content will continue to be made available. “eRasmussen Participants” means Collegis Education, the entities providing information, content or services for the site, the course instructors and their staff.
S E. S.
Links to Other Sites
The Site may include hyperlinks to sites maintained or controlled by others. eRasmussen is not responsible for and does not routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these sites. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that neither eRasmussen nor any of the eRasmussen Participants will be liable to you for any loss or damages, either actual or consequential, arising out of or relating to these terms of service, or your (or any third-party’s) use of or inability to use the Site, your placement of content on the site or your reliance upon information obtained from or through the Site, whether your claim is based in contract, tort, statute or other law.
In particular, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, eRasmussen will not have any liability any consequential, indirect, punitive, special, exemplary or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, and whether or not eRasmussen or any of the eRasmussen Participants has been negligent or otherwise at fault (including, but not limited to claims for defamation, errors, loss of profits, loss of data or interruption in availability of data).
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
You agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify eRasmussen and the eRasmussen Participants, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, faculty, students, fellows, governing board members, agents and employees from and against any third-party claims, actions or demands arising out of, resulting from or in any way related to your use of the Site, including any liability or expense arising from any and all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, eRasmussen or one of the eRasmussen Participants will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
Termination Rights; Discontinuation of Courses and Content
You agree that eRasmussen, in its sole discretion, may terminate your use of the Site or your participation in it, for any reason or no reason, upon notice to you. It is eRasmussen’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the accounts of users of the Site who are repeat copyright infringers. eRasmussen and the eRasmussen Participants reserve the right at any time in their sole discretion to cancel, delay, reschedule or alter the format of any course offered through eRasmussen, or to cease providing any part or all of the Site content or related services, and you agree that neither eRasmussen nor any of the eRasmussen Participants will have any liability to you for such an action. If you no longer desire to participate in the Site, you may terminate your participation at any time. The rights granted to you hereafter will terminate upon any termination of your right to use the Site, but the other provisions of these TOS will survive any such termination.
You may not assign these TOS in whole or in part. eRasmussen, however, reserves the right to assign the rights and obligations under these TOS for any reason and within its sole discretion.
Waiver and Severability of TOS
The failure of eRasmussen to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision and the other provisions of these TOS shall remain in full force and effect.
Choice of Law/Forum Selection
You agree that these TOS and any claim or dispute arising out of or relating to these TOS or any content or service obtained from or through the Site will be governed by the laws of the state of Minnesota, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You agree that all such claims and disputes will be heard and resolved exclusively in the federal or state courts located in and serving Minneapolis, Minnesota. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of those courts over you for this purpose, and you waive and agree not to assert any objection to such proceedings in those courts (including any defense or objection of lack of proper jurisdiction or venue or inconvenience of forum).
In the event you have any claim or action against other users of eRasmussen arising out of the use of the Site by the user(s), you will pursue such claim or action independently and without recourse to eRasmussen.
eRasmussen Honor Code Pledge
By enrolling in a Professional Certificate course or courses through eRasmussen, you are joining a community of learners. eRasmussen depends upon your motivation to learn the material and to do so with honesty and academic integrity. In order to participate in eRasmussen, you must agree to the Honor Code below and any additional terms specific to a class.
eRasmussen Honor Code Pledge
By enrolling in an eRasmussen Professional Certificate course, I agree that I will:
- Complete all assessments on my own, unless collaboration on an assignment is explicitly permitted.
- Maintain only one user account and not let anyone else use my username and/or password.
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve my results or improve or hurt the results of others.
- Not post answers to problems that are being used to assess student performance.
If you are found in violation of the Terms of Service or Honor Code, you may be subject to one or more of the following actions:
- Receiving a zero for an assignment;
- Having any Certificate earned in the course withheld or revoked;
- Being unenrolled from a course or
- Termination of your use of the Site.
- Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of eRasmussen.
No refunds will be issued in the case of any corrective action for such violations.
Honor code violations will be determined at the sole discretion of eRasmussen. You will be notified if a determination has been made that you have violated this Honor Code, and you will be informed of the corresponding action to be taken as a result of the violation.
Changing the Honor Code
Please note that we review and may make changes to this Honor Code from time to time. Any changes to this Honor Code will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Site after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified Honor Code and any changes contained therein. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Honor Code.
© Rasmussen Inc. All rights reserved except where noted.
Consent to Processing Outside Home Country
If you do not agree with these terms, then please do not access, browse or register on the Site. If you choose not to provide us with certain information required to provide you with various services offered on our Site, you may not be able to establish a user account, and we may not be able to provide you with those services.
We endeavor to limit the collection of Personal Information to what we need with respect to specific Site activities in order to satisfy business, legal or regulatory requirements. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication information, then you will not be able to purchase a Certificate via the Site.
eRasmussen does not currently collect financial information from you; however, if you choose to purchase a professional certificate course, you will be directed to our third-party payment processor, and the submission of your payment information will be subject to the terms found at the payment landing page.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect information, including Personal Information (described above), when you sign up for a user account, participate in online courses and/or send us email messages. We also collect certain usage information about student performance and patterns of learning. In addition, we track information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used.
We may log the IP address, operating system and browser software used by each user of the Site, and we may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. Various web analytics tools are used to collect this information. Some of the information is collected through cookies (small text files placed on your computer that store information about you, which can be accessed by the Site). You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, many functions and conveniences of this Site may not work properly.
Use and Disclosure to Third Parties
Among other things, we may use the information about you collected through the Site (including your Personal Information) in connection with the following. In cases where we share or disclose your Personal Information: (1) the third-party recipients are required to handle the Personal Information in a confidential manner and to maintain adequate security to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction; and (2) we will only disclose and share the Personal Information that is required by the third party to fulfill the purpose stated at the time of collection.
- To help us improve eRasmussen offerings, both individually (e.g., by course staff when working with a student) and in aggregate, and to individualize the experience and to evaluate the access and use of the Site and the impact of eRasmussen on the educational community.
- For purposes of scientific research, particularly, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education.
- For the purpose for which you specifically provided the information — for example, to respond to a specific inquiry or provide you with access to the specific course content and/or services you select.
- To track both individual and aggregate attendance, progress and completion of an online course and to analyze statistics on learner performance and how individuals learn.
- To monitor and detect violations of the eRasmussen Terms of Service, as well as other misuses and potential misuses of the Site.
- To publish information, but not Personal Information, gathered about eRasmussen access, use, impact and student performance.
- To send you updates about online courses offered by eRasmussen or other events, to send you communications about products or services of eRasmussen, eRasmussen affiliates or selected business partners that may be of interest to you, or to send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
- To archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- To maintain and improve the functioning and security of the Site and our software, systems and network.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- To authenticate your identity when you register for a paid Certificate.
- To process refunds, as applicable.
We will share information we collect eRasmussen affiliates, and we and the affiliates may share this information (including Personal Information) with third parties as follows:
- With service providers or contractors that perform certain functions on our or the affiliates behalf, including processing information that you provide to us on the Site, processing purchases via third party providers and other transactions through the Site, operating the Site or portions of it, providing or administering courses or in connection with other aspects of eRasmussen or affiliate services.
- For purposes of scientific research, particularly, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education. However, we will only share Personal Information about you for this purpose to the extent doing so complies with applicable law and is limited to the Personal Information required to fulfill the purposes stated at the time of collection.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- For integration with third-party services. For example, videos and other content may be hosted on YouTube and other websites not controlled by eRasmussen.
In addition, we may share aggregated information that does not personally identify you with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners.
Use for Personalization and Pedagogical Improvements
Links to Other Websites
eRasmussen has a program designed to protect Personal Information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes and procedures, including administrative, physical and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Personal Information that it creates, receives, maintains or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, eRasmussen cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have privacy concerns, have disclosed data you would prefer to keep private, or would like to access the information we maintain about you, please contact us at eRasmussenhelp@personalsupportcenter.com. Please note that we strive to maintain the eRasmussen service in a manner that prevents malicious or accidental destruction of information. For this reason, when you request that we delete parts or all of your Personal Information, we may reserve the right to store copies of this information on backup servers, but will in any case remove the requested information from our active servers.
eRasmussen does not respond to “do-not-track” or DNT signals.