U.S. Health Delivery and Policy
The healthcare industry is always changing and growing—it can be a challenge to keep on top of the latest thinking and best practices. A strong understanding of the healthcare delivery system and relevant policies will keep your skills aligned with industry demands and your resume competitive in today’s marketplace.
For anyone seeking to enter the healthcare industry or expand upon their current knowledge of it, eRasmussen has created the U.S. Healthcare Delivery and Policy Professional Certificate—a non-degree, non-credit training course to add to your portfolio. 1
Get started in the U.S. Healthcare Delivery and Policy Professional Certificate today
Expand Your Awareness of Healthcare Delivery
In this Professional Certificate, knowledge of healthcare delivery is developed through in-depth analysis of the Healthcare systems of the U.S. and other developed countries. You will examine healthcare policy, ethics and laws and case studies from within different healthcare settings.
The U.S. Healthcare Delivery and Policy courses are designed to make you more confident as a healthcare professional by providing skills to analyze the various delivery systems and models used to address population health. By completing it, you will have the knowledge employers are looking for, giving you a competitive advantage in the healthcare landscape.
Evolve Your Career
Cultivate in-demand, relevant job skills quickly and increase your potential without an overwhelming investment of time or money.
Adapt to Evolving Systems
Learn how to analyze the various healthcare delivery systems and models needed to address population health needs.
Upskill Your Career
Employment of healthcare occupations is projected to grow 14% between 2018–2028. 7
Build Your Resume
Gain skills and knowledge to help prepare you for an in-demand field. Medical records and health information technician professions are projected to grow by 11% between 2018–2028. 8
What You Will Learn
Introduction to Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Examine the historical development, present structure and future direction of the U.S. healthcare system
- Conduct comparative analyses between the healthcare system in the U.S. and the healthcare systems of other developed nations
- Examine the complexities facing the current healthcare delivery system
- Gain insights into the various reimbursement methodologies, performance measurement tools and current resource allocation strategies.
- Learn to identify critical challenges facing key stakeholders and articulate viable strategies for creating a more effective balance among health costs, access and quality
Healthcare Policy, Ethics and Laws
- Analyze ethics and laws as they pertain to the development of health policy
- Examine the fundamentals of various principles of healthcare law and the manner in which those principles intersect with ethics and health policy
- Evaluate critical factors that influence policy decisions and reform efforts
- Learn to articulate the impact of legal, ethical and policy challenges relative to private and public health systems, politics, interest groups, lobbyists and proposed reforms
- Demonstrate your competency in identifying potential legal and ethical problems in different healthcare settings and propose appropriate solutions based on current guidelines
Completing these courses will qualify you for the Professional Certificate. Show your proficiency by sharing your badges and certificate on your resume or LinkedIn®.5
Affordable and Convenient
Engaging content using videos, images and interactive elements emphasize skill mastery; not just theory. Earning a Professional Certificate means quickly realizing the benefits of your new proficiencies with validated skill competencies to showcase on your resume.
Plus, all of the eRasmussen Professional Certificates are available to everyone with no costs or fees to help support our community of motivated learners.6
Career training that’s easy to manage
- No cost to you 6
- Cloud-based and available on your time
- Six to eight hours is the average completion time per training 3
- Easily digestible content units (45–90 minutes), including video, images and interactive elements that keep you engaged
- Saves progress in real time, allowing you to stop and complete later
$0 per course 6
When can I register?Registration and enrollment are on demand and always available.
After enrolling, when will I receive additional details?After payment is processed, it may take a few minutes, but the course will become available on your dashboard. At this time, all coursework will be available to you.
Is financial aid available?No, financial aid is not available for Professional Certificates. Some employers, however, reimburse students for professional development. Check with your human resources or professional development team to see whether you qualify.
What is the refund policy?All of the eRasmussen Personal Certificates are available at no cost to you. 6
Who can enroll?eRasmussen Professional Certificate courses are available to individuals seeking professional development in the United States except California.
How long will I have access to this online course?
You will have access to each course in which you’re registered for 90 days after the registration date.
How long does the program take to complete?
Individual courses are estimated to take about four to six hours to complete.
Are extensions granted if requested?
No. Sufficient time to complete coursework has been built into each course of the Professional Certificate. If a course is not finished and a learner wants to re-enroll to complete it, they will have to register for the course again and restart from the beginning.
What are the technical requirements to access online courses?
A fully functional PC or Mac computer capable of running a Windows virtual machine is required. ChromeBooks, Android devices, tablets and mobile phones are not recommended. An internet downstream connection speed of 2 Mbps or higher is strongly recommended.
The following web browsers are formally supported and tested:
With PCs running Windows OS:
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
With Macs running OS X:
- Google Chrome
Can course materials be downloaded to save for later use?
The materials used in this course—including video lessons, quizzes and tests—are copyrighted. They are intended for individual use by registered learner. Unauthorized or illegal use, or attempted unauthorized or illegal use, of these materials may result in a suspension and/or cancellation of the user’s account.
Do courses or Professional Certificates qualify as credits toward a degree?
No. These are non-credit, non-degree resources intended for professional development. Although courses apply toward Professional Certificates, neither the courses nor the Certificates transfer toward a degree.
Do courses or Professional Certificates qualify for Continuing Education Units (CEU)?
No. These are intended for individual professional development, but do not qualify for CEUs.
How many courses are there for the U.S. Healthcare Delivery and Policy Professional Certificate?
There are two courses for the U.S. Healthcare Delivery and Policy Professional Certificate.
Are there prerequisites for this Certificate?
No, there are no prerequisites for any courses toward Professional Certificates.
Start your Professional Certificate today!
The content and professional certificates offered under eRasmussen are different from the academic programs offered by Rasmussen University. Professional certificates are intended for the purposes of professional development and training and are not intended to prepare individuals for entry-level employment. They are non-credit, non-accredited, non-licensed and are not intended to transfer to any institution of higher education.
Source: Labor Insight Jobs (Burning Glass Technologies)
Students must complete all work in the assessment within 90 days.
A refund totaling the amount paid for an individual course will be issued to any participant who requests cancellation within 7 calendar days of starting a course. No badge or certificate will be issued for courses where a participant requests a refund, even if the work was completed prior to the end of the 7-day trial timeframe. Payments are made via PayPal and refunds will be issued via PayPal.
LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation.
eRasmussen will extend access to its online non-credit courses at no cost. eRasmussen Professional Certificate courses are available to individuals seeking professional development in the United States except in California. No prior or future commitment is required. Professional Certificates are intended for the purposes of professional development and training and are not intended to prepare individuals for entry-level employment. They are non-credit, non-accredited, non-licensed and are not intended to transfer to any institution of higher education.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed March 31, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed March 31, 2020] www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm. Employment conditions in your area may vary.